Design Engineer/Drafts Person
Mechanical Engineers are needed for new industrial equipment design & development.
MetFin Shotblast Systems (www.metfin.com) is a small but growing company located in Suffield, CT. We are looking for Mechanical Design Engineers to work in a team environment utilizing 3D/2D SolidWorks CAD on the design, documentation, and manufacturing support for large industrial equipment. Typical projects will require time in all three areas. Established standards will be used to develop new designs or compile existing designs into a documentation package for manufacturing. The design and development process occasionally consists of getting directly involved, hands on, with the equipment being built. Manufacturing support consists of documentation to build and assemble equipment as well as flat pattern nesting for CNC plasma cutting.
Depending on skills and interest, opportunities exist to expand in to application/sales engineering or electrical controls and PLC programming. In our small company environment you'll have the opportunity to explore and participate in all facets of the process.
- Minimum 3 years machine design or industrial equipment development experience
OR Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 2000 hours experience with SolidWorks 3D modeling software
- An understanding of the effects of forming and bending various types of steels.
- Understanding of industrial drive systems.
- Understanding bill of materials and part numbering concepts
- A willingness to learn.
- Bachelors degree in engineering
- Knowledge of shot blast machines or process.
- Experience with electrical controls, PLC programming and schematic drawings
- Material handling experience.
- Familiarity with CNC fabrication methods, (machining and plasma cutting).
- Knowledge of the application of pneumatics and hydraulics.
Salary based on experience and skill set. Benefits include insurance and 401K retirement plan.
NOTE: Please provide compensation history or expectations with application.
All resumes received will be reviewed upon receipt and candidates of interest will be contacted. We regret that we may not be able to respond to all applicants. No phone calls, please. Relocation compensation will not be provided.
MetFin is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should forward a resume and salary requirements through the form below: